Travel

Monday, July 4, 2011

Reunions

"You meet someone, become good friends, separate, and never see each other again. What's the point of it all?"

This was my exact thought four years ago, when I was saying goodbye to Jenny, my roommate from 12th standard. I was pretty sure I would never see her again (still haven't, for that matter).

But in the last three weeks, I have met / spoken to friends from so many different phases of my life that I feel like I'm living someone else's life. I mean, my life usually consists of going somewhere, making friends, leaving them, never seeing them again, going somewhere else, and repeating the entire process. It does not consist of meeting friends from the past every other day, and I think this more than anything else has really made my transition to Mumbai so amazing!

From the TISB (Blore) days: Abhinav, Aman, Avi, Arjun (lot's of A's) and Rohit! Met them all after so long, and felt instantly like I belonged! Last seen: 4 years ago


From Kuwait - Neha. Still haven't met her, but she's moved to Bbay as well and I plan to meet her ASAP! Last seen: one year ago


From York: Sajil - our exchange student, wanna-be cool dude, chindi Gujju, cab lover - and still the same!!!  Last seen: 3 years ago!


From dad's side of family: Sonu bhaiya (sorry :P) - Also moving to Bombay, and living very close to my school! The person I will go to when in need of advice. Last seen: 2 years ago!


From mom's side of family: Winky di (sorry again :P) Even though we met for about 2 minutes, she's always been my go-to person when in need of career in the media advice. And that's probably not going to change. Last seen: 2 years ago (or has it been 3 or 4?)


From TFI: Uma and Cigar. Got sloshed with the former last night, and plan to do the same with the latter soon enough!

And there are still more people on the list to meet! Hopefully, maybe that list will include Jenny's name sometime soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment