Travel

Friday, November 8, 2013

Mr. Slow and Steady

*Re-posted from an earlier blog. Written on 8 November 2012.


Meet Sujal Pawar (I specify Pawar because I have 3 Sujal's in my class!): he's the quiet one, the one who keeps to himself, never gets into trouble, doesn't bother anyone, and minds his own business. He's also the shortest kid in class. But, like my earlier Pawar, he manages to stand out.

Here are a few reasons why:

This picture is over a year old - but he still looks the same!


- During winters (which in Mumbai are quire nice!), he used to walk into class wearing a blue jacket with the hood pulled over his head. Being as short as he is, he looked just like Jadoo (the fictional cute alien character from the movie "Koi Mil Gaya"). That look automatically tugged on my Bollywood-crazed-heartstrings.

- He has the sweetest smile: it doesn't blind you or dazzle you, but melts your heart in a way that you can't keep your own smile off your face.

- He brings the tastiest food in class, with his rotis all rolled up with vegetables which he then proceeds to feed me (a common routine for all my students).

- For a class project on the Winter Season, he was given the role of Santa Claus - sorry, I mean "Small Santa Claus" - which he pulled off amazingly well, adding his own dance routine to the Jingle Bells song. Plus he looked adorable in a white beard!

- His one drawback is that he is painfully slow with writing - he zones out every few seconds and has to be reminded to continue with his work, resulting in him being the last one to usually complete his work. One day, while waiting for him to finish, I told him that I would start calling him a tortoise because he was so slow. He thought for a second and replied: "Then I'll be steady!"

How can you not love this kiddo???

No comments:

Post a Comment