Travel

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wait

Wait
They said
There’s no need to rush
The future’s not going anywhere
There’s no hurry
Don’t do something you’ll regret
You’ll have enough time later
Focus on what’s important now

Wait
I did
Even at times I shouldn’t have
I held back
There’s time
I told myself
I’m not going anywhere
They’re not going anywhere

Wait
Someone forgot to say
That day
As the headlights blinded me
As my breathing slowed
As the faces blurred
Hold on
They said
But I couldn’t

The wait was gone
Time had run out
Leaving behind
The words I had never whispered
The love I had never declared
The kiss I had never shared
The joke I had never made
The apology I had never accepted
The kindness I had never understood
The laughter I had never allowed
The life I had never lived

Wait
They said
Wait
I did
Until I couldn’t anymore

4 comments: