Travel

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Shades of Life: Blue Sea


Calm
That’s what I feel
Every time I look at the sea
The blue water
Glistening under the sun
Still
Radiant
Majestic
Yet I know
That that’s not the full story
Because that light blue that I love
Is only a part of it
There are shades
Layers
Darker
Deeper
Hiding secrets
Hiding life
Carrying memories
Carrying anger
Which, when unleashed
Can devour us all
Maybe that’s why I like to sit by the edge
Watching from a distance
Mesmerized
Fearful
Respectful
Trying to fathom
The vastness before me
Sometimes I wonder
How can it be both?
Calming, soothing, constant
Raging, angry, tumultuous
But then I realize
Isn’t that what we are?
We can’t put it in a box
Any more than we can put ourselves
Because to know the sea
To love the sea
You have to embrace every soothing, raging bit of it.

1 comment: